thesis week 9

This week I exported everything I used in my defense video, and then prepared said video. I did it before writing the dissertation, which I found actually helped me organize all my thoughts and made the writing process a little less daunting. Writing was grueling but I’m glad it’s (mostly) done — I’m very happy with how it came out and surprised at how long it got at the end (about 17k which became 73 pages with all the figures I added). I gotta note that this was only possible because I was able to take two full days off of my full-time job: if I had to do it with just weeknights and weekends, my output would have absolutely sucked. It’s just beyond my abilities to do this level of intellectual work while putting a lot of effort into my in-person 9-5 while being a human person with things like chores and food intake to think about.

I had a little bit of extra time after submitting but didn’t want to get back to animating just yet, so I thought I’d start plugging in my jazz tracks with their unwatermarked versions. I thought I’d have to do one clip at a time, but it turned out to be a super quick process once I found the right tutorial. Deeply relieved that it worked out so easily.

I’m not gonna give myself a lot of time to rest since I still have quite a bit to go, and I expect the evaluative workshop tonight to give me just a bit more work on top of that. My plan is to plot out my website first, while the content of the thesis book is still fresh in my mind — I expect I’ll take a lot of language from that, so it shouldn’t be too hard. I could even publish it with the short video version, since the text would likely stay the same. Over the weekend when I have more time, I’ll get back to animating the remaining 84 clips I have in the Story.


Create a website or blog at WordPress.com